Total Time: 40 minutes
Serving Size: 1.5 cups
- 1 can of organic chickpeas (set juice aside)
- 2 medium-sized beets (or 4 small)
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 clove of garlic (optional)
- Wrap the cleaned beets in parchment paper and roast at 400 degrees F for approximately 30 minutes (or until soft with a fork).
- Remove them from the oven and allow them to cool
- Remove the skins after cooling (should peel off easily, but can also peel it off with a knife).
- Add all ingredients to a food processor or high-powered blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add more lemon juice or chickpea juice until you get the smooth consistency that you love.
- Serve with your favorite vegetables!