Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tbsp almond butter or cashew butter
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup shitake mushroom caps, diced
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 (8 ounces) can of water chestnuts, drained and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, diced (or garlic powder)
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1/3 cup tamari
- ½ cup green onion (optional)
- Romaine lettuce leaves
- Cook ground turkey in coconut oil for approximately ten minutes, or until turkey is cooked through.
- Stir in the almond butter.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients and seasonings (except onion) and cook for approximately 10 more minutes.
- Add green onion if desired and cook for approximately 2 more minutes.
- Serve in lettuce wraps and add more tamari if preferred on top.