Do you get hungry in the middle of the day between meals or do you need a healthy appetizer? No worries – there are tons of delicious and simple keto snack recipes you can learn and bring to your kitchen starting today. Here are just a few!
Keto Nacho Cheesy Chips
In the mood for something crunchy and delicious but want to stay within the keto diet’s guidelines? No problem!
- Preheat your oven to 250°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut several slices of raw, grass-fed, and/or organic cheddar cheese into about nine squares. Place the squares into a medium-sized bowl.
- Add some taco seasoning or other flavorings, then toss the cheese and flavorings to coat them evenly.
- Lay the cheese slices evenly on the baking sheet. Don’t let any cheese slices overlap.
- Then throw the cheese slices into your oven for about 40 minutes. The cheese slices will crisp up and become chips in their own right, all without needing bread!
- Just let the chips cool for about 10 minutes before enjoying.
Cheesy Burger Bombs
On the keto diet, meat and cheese are delicious staples that you can’t afford to miss. Let’s look at a way to make tasty burger bombs – think of them like meatballs for keto followers – to satisfy your craving for a good burger.
- To start, preheat your oven to 375°F. Grease a miniature muffin tin using cooking spray.
- Take a medium bowl and put 1 pound of grass-fed, organic ground beef inside. Season the beef with ½ tablespoon of garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste.
- Next, separate the beef into teaspoon-sized chunks. Place the beef bombs into each muffin tin cup. Make sure that each bomb has enough beef to cover the bottom of each tin cup.
- Cut 2 tablespoons of cold grass-fed butter into 20 pieces. Then place one piece of butter on top of each beef bomb.
- Press another teaspoon of beef over each butter piece.
- Take 2 ounces of raw, grass-fed, and/or organic cheddar cheese. Cut the cheddar cheese into 20 pieces.
- Put a piece of the freshly cut cheddar on top of each meat piece in the muffin tins.
- Now all you have to do is put the muffin tin in the oven for about 15 minutes.
- Let the beef bombs cool slightly before enjoying!
Keto Ice Cream
Who said you can’t enjoy ice cream on the keto diet? Not us! Let’s break down how you can make your own keto-friendly and coconut flavored ice cream here.
Note: You’ll need to prepare some ingredients beforehand!
In total, you’ll need:
- Two 15-ounce cans of coconut milk
- 2 cups of organic heavy cream
- ¼ cup of Swerve confectioner’s sweetener
- 1 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract
- A dash of himilayan sea salt, which lowers the freezing temperature for your cream
To make keto ice cream, follow these easy steps:
- Start by chilling the coconut milk in your fridge for about three hours. For better results, let it chill overnight.
- Make the coconut cream by spooning the chilled coconut milk into a large bowl. Leave any thicker liquid in the can. Take a hand mixer and beat the coconut cream until it is appropriately creamy.
- Next, take another large bowl and beat the heavy cream inside using a hand mixer. Mix the vanilla and sweetener in once soft peaks form. Add salt.
- Now you can combine the coconut cream and whipped cream. Fold the coconut mixture into the whipped cream and transfer everything into a loaf pan.
- Put the loaf pan in your freezer for around five hours or until frozen solid.
Keto Garlic Bread
Don’t want to skip a major part of a great meal: garlic bread? You can bake some!
It’s impossible… or is it? In fact, you can make delicious keto garlic bread using a few cooking tips and the right ingredients. You’ll need:
- 1 ¼ cups of almond flour
- 5 tablespoons ground psyllium husk powder
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup of water
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar/white wine vinegar
- 3 egg whites
For the garlic butter, you’ll need:
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 4 ounces of room temperature butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of salt
To make tasty keto garlic bread that satisfies your cravings without breaking your diet, follow these steps:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. At the same time, line a large baking sheet with regular parchment paper.
- Mix all the dry ingredients, including the husk powder, baking powder, almond flour, and sea salt together in a medium-sized bowl.
- Boil the cup of water, then remove it from heat. Add the water, egg whites, and vinegar to the mixed dry ingredients. Whisk the resulting mixture with a hand mixer for 30 seconds. Be careful that you don’t overmix the dough.
- Moisten your hands. Then form the dough into 10 pieces or so. Roll the dough into buns the size of a hotdog.
- Put the dough onto the baking sheet and leave enough space between each piece so it can expand safely.
- Put the baking sheet into the oven on the lower rack for about 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven once time has passed and let the bread cool.
When the bread is baking, you can prepare the garlic butter by mixing the garlic butter ingredients described above in a bowl, covering it with plastic wrap or something similar, and refrigerating it.
Once the bread is ready, remove the garlic butter from the fridge. Use a serrated knife to cut the buns in half. Then spread as much garlic butter as you like! There you have it – delectable garlic bread for keto fans everywhere!
As you can see, the keto diet doesn’t mean you have to stop eating delicious food or that you can’t put together healthy and tasty snacks for you and your friends.
Don’t hesitate to share the recipes above as you stick to your keto diet to lose weight!
Medically Reviewed by Dr. Livingood
Dr. Livingood, yes that is his real name, is the Founder of drlivingood.com natural health site and also the founder of Livingood Daily. He has authored two Amazon #1 Best Selling Books Livingood Daily and Make Food Simple. In 2007 after nearly losing his father to health conditions, Dr. Livingood was prompted to find a health care system to save his father’s life. Where medicine failed Dr. Livingood discovered solutions that got his father off 15 medications and overcame major heart and autoimmune conditions. As a Doctor of Natural Medicine and DC he now serves thousands of people in Morrisville, NC, and millions through his online and media presence. Dr. Livingood, his wife Jessica, and three kids spend their lives leading people nationally and locally in the hopes that others can experience real health.