Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1/2 cup organic shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 slices of organic turkey bacon
- 5 tbsp organic butter
- 1 small scallion, sliced thin (or chives if preferred)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- optional: 2 ounces organic cream cheese and/or 1/4 cup organic heavy whipping cream
- Steam the cauliflower until the pieces are tender.
- Place cauliflower, butter, salt and pepper (and cream cheese and whipping cream if desired) into a high powered blender (can also use a hand mixer).
- Blend until smooth consistency.
- In a small frying pan, cook the turkey bacon until brown and done.
- Pour the cauliflower into a small baking dish and top with cheddar cheese, turkey bacon, and scallions.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for approximately 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.