The surplus of options in today’s consumer world is both a blessing and a curse, and supplements are not an exception to this. With so much on offer, each supplement with a seemingly similar mantra, the search for a high-quality supplement can be confusing at best.
Many supplements contain a long list of ingredients without explaining why exactly you need them. How are you supposed to know which ingredients are actually beneficial, and which are just buzzworthy? And how do you make an informed decision on the right supplement for you?
Here at Dr. Livingood, we believe you have a right to know what goes into your greens powder supplement. That is why we get our products third-party tested–so you know that what is on the label is actually what is inside the container, and that each ingredient is concentrated at the healthiest and safest dose.
Of course that still leaves the question: what do all these ingredients do for you anyways?
This article will breakdown the benefits of every single ingredient in Livingood Daily Greens, our premier greens powder supplement, so that you know exactly what you are putting into your body and why.
Additionally, this article will explain how our greens powder supplement can satisfy your body’s needs and help you accomplish real health.†
There are three things to look for when judging a supplement: third-party seal of approval, organic ingredients, and zero chemicals, and Livingood Daily Greens checks all of these boxes with flying colors.
Our ingredients are all carefully extracted without the use of chemicals and at low temperatures (as heat reduces nutrient concentration). A third-party lab has tested this supplement to maintain that it is free of heavy metals, gluten, pesticides, herbicides, and BPA. Livingood Daily Greens is then produced at an FDA and GMP approved facility in the USA. Finally, its blend of 54 different vegetables, fruits, enzymes, and probiotics is completely organic.
Livingood Daily Greens supports heart, gut and cell health, detoxifies the body, and supercharges your energy†. It also tastes delicious, without any artificial sugars. All you have to do is take a scoop of the Livingood Daily Greens flavor of your choice and add it to water or nut milk.
You do not have to worry about buying tons of expensive ingredients at the store or making a mess of your kitchen–Livingood Daily Greens has you covered!
Now, without further ado, let’s take a closer look at each of the ingredients that make Livingood Daily Greens into the superior greens powder supplement that it is.
- Barley grass juice contains high quantities of the mineral magnesium, which plays a major role in energy production and blood sugar regulation. It is also high in the antioxidant vitamins A and C, which prevent oxidative harm to cells.†
- Chlorella is a type of algae and a complete source of protein, meaning it contains nine amino acids that the body cannot produce on its own.
- Spirulina is a sea vegetable that limits and prevents oxidative stress, a process that damages and minimizes the efficiency of the body’s healthy cells. It also supports healthy cholesterol levels.†
- Carrot juice contains high levels of the vitamin beta carotene, which can support vision and protect the outer eye. It also helps increase metabolism, and despite its low calories is very filling.†
- Cauliflower juice promotes detoxification by supporting liver health. †
- Broccoli juice is bursting with vitamin K, which promotes bone strength and normal cell growth. Broccoli also contains cell health-supporting antioxidants. †
- Spinach juice is high in a number of different antioxidants, such as lutein and beta carotene, all of which protect the cells from oxidative damage while soothing the body. †
- Parsley juice contains a number of essential nutrients, like vitamins K, A, and C, and iron. As a result, it promotes better bone, eye, skin, and immune health.† It also allows for healthy oxygen circulation, since iron is key to the movement of red blood cells.†
- Kale juice is similar to parsley, in that it is extremely nutrient-dense and full of antioxidants. Just one cup of kale provides the body with more than its daily requirements of vitamins A, C, and K.
All antioxidants reduce the effects of oxidative stress, meaning they limit free radical damage to healthy cells. In addition:
- Carrot root facilitates weight loss in conjunction with a healthy diet and exercise, supports eye health, and may help maintain healthy cholesterol levels. †
- Decaffeinated green tea extract is good for cognitive function, memory, and overall brain health.†
- Plums are high in fiber, so they help with constipation and support healthy digestive function.†
- Grape seed extract can have a positive effect on blood pressure. †
- Tart cherry has high levels of melatonin, so it can naturally support a healthy sleep cycle.†
- Tomatoes support skin, heart, kidney, eye, and bone health.†
- Pine bark extract is an antioxidant that soothes the body overall.†
- Brussels sprouts are especially high in fiber which supports gut health, and vitamin K which supports strong bones.†
- Cranberries are particularly rich in vitamin C, which is crucial to skin, bone, and muscle wellness.†
- Raspberries are a great source of vitamin C and fiber, among many other nutrients.†
- Blueberries have some of the highest levels of antioxidants of any of the foods out there. This means they are especially effective at neutralizing free radicals and soothing the body.†
- Resveratrol is a polyphenol that supports immune health.†
- Acerola cherry powder has traditionally been used to alleviate minor digestive discomforts and support the immune system. It also contains high levels of vitamin C.†
Livingood Daily Greens contains oat beta glucan, apple fiber pectin, and barley, all of which are high in dietary fiber.
For normal bowel movements and gut health, you need an adequate supply of fiber in your diet. Fiber also may contribute to healthy blood sugar and cholesterol levels. Finally, high-fiber foods are satiating, meaning they can keep you full longer and help you maintain a healthy weight.†
Organic Flax Seed
Flax seeds are a great source of omega 3 fatty acids, which the body cannot produce on its own and therefore must take in through diet alone. Omega 3s support the heart by maintaining a normal heart rhythm, reducing the presence of fat-carrying triglycerides, and preventing the build up of unhealthy blood clots.† They are also antioxidants.
Flax seeds are also a rich source of protein and fiber.
Livingood Daily Greens is full of essential enzymes: bromelain extract, papain, protease, amylase, lipase, cellulose, and lactase. Enzymes (various molecules, like proteins) are catalysts for chemical reactions. For example, enzymes in the digestive tract, like protease and amylase, are responsible for breaking down food we have eaten into a form that the cells can use. Other enzymes might take broken down particles and synthesize them into whole pieces.
Additional roles of enzymes include respiration, hormone production, nutrient absorption, and metabolism.
Probiotics introduce good bacteria into the body, in order to eliminate bad bacteria and balance out the system, especially the gut, urinary tract, skin, mouth, vagina, and lungs. Probiotics may also aid the digestive system in breaking down food and creating essential vitamins.†
Because of their high concentrations of antioxidants, moringa leaf, turmeric, quercetin, milk thistle and red beet powder all limit oxidative stress in the body.† Oxidative stress occurs when free radicals damage healthy cellular structures and decrease the productivity of cells all over the body.
Antioxidants neutralize these free radicals, so that they are unable to enact damage on the body. All of the cells in the body (of which there are billions) need the work of antioxidants in order to function at their best.
- Aloe leaf may soothe the digestive system, limit unwanted bacteria growth, and minimize the risk for stomach issues.†
- Licorice root aids digestion, and has traditionally been used to calm liver, circulatory, lung and kidney problems.†
- Cassia cinnamon bark offers digestive support and is rich in antioxidants.†
One of the major selling points of greens powder supplements is the ability to rejuvenate and detoxify the body.†
Ingredients like atlantic kelp, sunflower lecithin, mangosteen fruit, goji berry, acai berry, noni fruit and monk fruit, all present in Livingood Daily Greens, work to flush toxins out of the body and calm the system from any irritation.†
In Summary: How Livingood Daily Greens Will Give You Real Health
You deserve to know exactly what goes into your supplements, and what each ingredient actually does for you. This list is only the beginning of what each Livingood Daily Greens ingredient has to offer.
In general, you can expect Livingood Daily Greens to strengthen your heart, improve your digestion, supercharge your energy, enhance detoxification, and nourish your cells.†
With consistent use, this great-tasting, organic, chemical-free supplement will revitalize your body and help you accomplish real health!†